Thursday, August 9, 2012

Three years since last post

Has it really been three years since my last post?!  I guess that is what happens when you have a computer that isn't so great, move and have two babies!
Let's tackle each of those now:
Computer-J bought me a new one this past weekend so now I don't have that as an excuse.
Move-We moved out of our townhouse in September 2009 just a mile down the street to a house in a nice, quiet neighborhood.  My brother and sister moved in with us and there was just no squeezing two more people into a two bedroom townhouse with three dogs.  They have now both moved out-brother is in the navy and sister is going to school full-time and selling insurance.  I would be feeling empty-nesty{is that even a word?} if not for the next point.
Babies-We have had two beautiful babies in the last 18 months.  The Monkey is our first and was he was born January 2011.  This is a picture of him at 9 months-it's one of my favorites.  If I hadn't gone through 27 hours of labor, I wouldn't think he was mine-he looks just like his dad!


Next the Lady Bug was born July 2012.  I am beyond excited to have a little girl and do all the girly things with! Thankfully, she looks like me!  Planned c-sections are the way to go!  Check in at 8am and baby at 9:40am!!
With the Lady Bug taking our third bedroom upstairs that was previously used to store everything that didn't previously have a home, I have had to get creative with my storage and organization.  I have put an over-the-door shoe hold behind every door that they will fit.  I've also had to purge many of things that I thought I could not live without.  Thank goodness for the nesting instinct!  Poor J, he had so many projects that I simply could not do on my own but that I thought "must" get done before baby Lady Bug came along. However, now I look around and still have way too much stuff!
At some point I will update the pictures of our house but it too is a rental and a house from the 60's{way too much wood paneling} and it simply isn't a priority to take pictures of it in all it's awkwardness.  Just envision wood paneling everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment