Monday, July 1, 2013

Another update...I have got to get better at this!

As almost another year has gone by, I realized that if I am going to get this going, now is the time!
I have been off of work for the past two weeks and looking at another 2-4 more weeks.  I had surgery and the recovery is slow.  If I worked in an office, I could probably go back now but being a nurse, I have to be able to lift.
I have been going through the house trying to thin the mounds of clothes and junk that we have accumulated with having babies!  My dad is coming to town for Ladybug's birthday in a few weeks so I must get through all these clothes!  I haven't gotten rid of anything from either baby so my collection is quite large!  I posted a little of the monkey's clothing on Craigslist-I hope I get some hits after putting in so much work!

Monkey is getting so big!  He is almost 2 1/2 now and getting so much better with his words.  He says new things everyday and I have to work at it sometimes to figure out what he is talking about.
Ladybug is getting big too-she will be 1 in just a couple of weeks.  It's so hard for me to believe that my baby is not really a baby anymore!  She has been walking for about a month now and is saying "mama, dada and bubba."  She also makes a really cute, high pitched squeel whenever she hears or sees a dog-doesn't even matter if it is ours or a neighbors dog.

The weather here has been so hot the past month or so.   Last week was in the 100's and was just miserable to even open the door for the dogs.  Hot weather means that J is working late, sometimes until after midnight.  If he is on-call, it is nothing for him to work 20 hours.

With him working so much, he tends to bring home flowers more often.  I have had fresh flowers in my kitchen since our anniversary in early June.  This week, it was lilies-I love lilies-especially purple ones!

Hot weather also means that I try to cook even more with my crock pot.  I hate heating up my kitchen anymore than absolutely necessary.  Being off work, I am better able to plan out my menu and be even more organized in that respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment